The serenade is growing cold...


Serenata
Serenade
Permita que eu feche os meus olhos,
Allow me to close my eyes
pois é muito longe e tão tarde!
For it’s too late and too far
Pensei que era apenas demora,
I thought it was only lateness,
e cantando pus-me a esperar-te.
And singing I decided to wait for you
Permite que agora emudeça:
Allow me to become mute now:
que me conforme em ser sozinha.
That I comply with loneliness
Há uma doce luz no silencio,
There’s a sweet light within the silence
e a dor é de origem divina.
And the pain descends from the divine
Permite que eu volte o meu rosto
Let me turn my gaze
para um céu maior que este mundo,
To a sky bigger than this world,
e aprenda a ser dócil no sonho
And learn to be docile within the dream
como as estrelas no seu rumo.
As the stars in your route.


Poem by Cecília Meireles

Translation BY VCDA a.k.a theHeartless (me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momentous

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"