Liberty



Ascension

I went on a trip to find nature,
because I missed being myself.
I had unlearned how to appreciate life
and my existence itself.
I craved to bury my unfounded yearnings
and leave them writhing in a desert.
Thus I aimed to recover the tattered humanity
that I knew, I had left.

I went on a healing trip seeking refuge,
a quiet place to fully protect me
I silently endeavored to be on the loose,
To find some shade and shelter under a tall old tree.

I put my weary head out of the tempting noose
Right before I ran away from the city’s speed
I decided to sleep in a forest to taste its fruits,
Just to follow the birds, grow a pair of wings and flee
I had no single affection for former polluted bruises
It was time to move on soon, and perhaps be free
Swim with fishes, drink the dew and swiftly take root
Walk barefoot, sing with cicadas, and simply dream.

I was distressed, tired of glaring at electric lights,
I could not stand the noise, the debts, the threats, the spite
my eyes searched for the humble magnificence of the sunrise,
and the mute grey splendor of the withering moonlight.

Yet, when I did find the light,
I discovered a radiance no man could smite,
a staggering beauty and arresting peace
no poet could describe.
That captivating moment was followed by an unnamed fright,
because I knew I would never be able to genuinely speak of it
or reconstruct that feeling outright.
The undeviating melody of that wondrous sight
held such a mystery that no being would be able to recite or rewrite.
No eyes could memorize that glittering delight of being mystified,
no hands were allowed to steal a scent only nature dared to ignite.

I finally understood the impossibility
of measuring events with clocks or heights.
There is no meaningful experience
if it is carelessly colored with black and white.

One day I pray to have enough strength
to reunite the flame flickering inside this very heart,
which sadly, cannot quite take a flight
and burns within a feeble chest
that suddenly became too tight.
Weakened by endless plights,
astounding rites and tempting tests.
Deceitful verses lacking rules and rhymes,
being leaded by demise at last.

I cannot remember how to be a clueless child
I’ll never joyfully play in the rain or act wild
Or behold the farthest rainbow with a curiosity so mild
But now with honest eyes, I’ll allow myself to be beguiled
I shall learn how to meditate and avoid being riled
And realize that I’m not alone in this asylum of urban isle

Though I cannot access real purity and lovely innocence
Whenever I find myself in the arms of deliverance
I shall smile without a single regret or prudence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momentous

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"