Never More


The crow

Bathe my black wings through the night
In the blood that no longer pulses here inside
My Ebony feathers are sharp as knives
My mind is filled with images of a dark paradise

My heart is crushed and in purgatory I writhe
with vengeance as my aim I take death as my wife
The wound is still tender but the tears turned to ice
Now I coil in a corner and picture her by my side

I wonder how it would be to feel her love one more time
Not a single sign of her voice or that disarming smile
I’m ready to dive deeply in a sea of poisonous strife
They no longer deserve to breathe since she can’t revive

I’ll throw their sinful bodies at a puddle of slime
The moon shall make me company with its sorrowful dim light
The raven upon my shoulder shall be my partner in crime
And a map of condemned bodies without faces I must design

There’s no way in heaven or hell they can safely hide
I’m coming for their misdeeds, I’m robbing their lives
I’ll take from them the single vitality that once was mine
Those ones should fear me and shatter with the blaze of my cry
For my mission is not over until they encounter demise
I’m not allowed to rest and there’s no peace I can find
MY beloved is long gone so all I have is this ravenous plight

How unfair is to embrace loneliness while she’s carved in my mind
The streets are stone-cold yet the rain won’t make me slide
The overwhelming pain is just a fuel for this shadow knight
I hover over heavy coal clouds to mourn a sun that won’t rise

About to set free a hatred that runs wild, I just kill to thrive
Yet my undead soul is neither forgiving nor satisfied
My clown-white features is just the irony of my disguise
I’m the angel of decay playing a symphony too devil-like

Watching you through your window and preparing another flight
Hunting like a skilful predator to attack you by surprise
You’re the reason my treasured dream climbed to the sky
Now I cannot reach her warmth nor look that beauty in the eye

I slay your spirit, I break your bones and I still try
To rejoice, feel avenged and pretend it’s all right
But no bright future or maddening passions awaits me outside
Only doleful memories and ghosts of the past have survived
I’m invincible with this restless bird and for my sake it strives
I’m a well of lament and with my burden it sympathizes
It woke me from a tragedy just to make me realize
That no suffering or loss should be taken lightly.

by me THE HEARTLESS

“Buildings burn, people die, but real Love is forever.” –Schow & Shirley, 1994

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Momentous

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"