The mute raven

Three birds on a twig

The clouds are heavy

As grey as his doleful eyes

The wind is blowing

As stormy as her quivering sighs

The rocks are colliding

As well as my crushing lies

This tale was old, I could not keep them apart

Love is stronger than death, once I was told

They had trapped each other’s heart.

He was just a random friend

Whom I held in contempt

She was heaven-sent

Someone I’d fight for till the end

But together they were untouchable

A pair of angels I could not tempt.

The leaves are rustling

As violent as the thoughts in his mind

The rain is purifying

As holy as the seconds of her smile

The earthquake is devastating

As unmerciful as my arms

The thunder is in flames

As scorching as the bed we used to lie.

I wanted to be as loved as him

I needed to feel the touch of her skin

There was no dispute I couldn’t win

Till I found myself pining for her shattering kiss

I expected her to choose me

But I wasn’t as confident as I used to be

For her, he was the praised Christ without sin

And I was just an ordinary demon without wings

But still I waited till the end of the spring

Wondering what the next season would bring

Then the fellow winter came

And I felt the severe cold freeze my glee

Love finally had me on a tight and sorry string

I should’ve flown with the other birds

But instead I stayed to rehearse my icy singing

Pretending to be that arbor single king

My humming soon became too clingy

The sun ceased to shine

As tired as my hopeless mind

The snow is getting ticker

He’ll forever be the thorn in my spine

The branches are turning weaker

She would never remain by my side

This tempest of loss is scathing as a fever

I was the one left alone to weep and whine.

Now I rest in my own nest

Wishing you two the best

Ready to rebuild my sole humble shrine.

Composition by me, A.K.A the heartless_VCDA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"