Turning off the light - Extintion of a sigh

Tonight I stopped to ponder about old age...It drove me to write some lines!
Thank God, I needed some cathartic activity, so here we go!
It's depressing, I know, but bear with it...After all I gotta live up to my name!
Here's a piece by The Heartless, regarding decease...for a change.

DEAD TREE

Age is catching up with your dreams

You try to pretend these years are forever

But whims can always turn to screams


The energy you had lingers in your aching head

You grow old with your busted self esteem

Trying to grasp what was lost from within

You can’t help feeling dust gnawing at your skin

Ever refusing to be sorry for a few teenage sins


All you can do is write about a certain spring

Compose songs though they cannot flow at full steam

Like sketches in a paper with lines you can’t lean

Or graffiti on the walls that no longer has a single sheen


Though you know those moments couldn’t last

The pictures tell a story of a distant past

Of youth and cherubic smiles

Of nameless hurts and tears too vile

That you can’t help but ponder for a while

Not even a second wasted was futile

Now you wonder if there’s a worth friend you can dial

But those times of playful games rusted with denial


The memories are buried beneath 100 miles

Of broken promises no less than fragile

And though you keep telling yourself you’re an isle

Destiny plays a role quite rough and hostile

Generations reject the early school style

Yet you can still see vigor in conceptions far from fertile


The threatening future looks too grim

Plans can’t be rescheduled for the next year

No one knows when the flickering light might dim

Those lush strawberry fields bitterly lost their green

And the branches left already yearn for some trim

As my heart and soul which can’t catch up with my limbs


Weary I accept my unwilling condition

Endeavoring to cope with this unfortunate transition

I throw a celebration for the accomplished mission

As I wait quietly for the upcoming death’s proposition

And no matter how strong and pitiful is my opposition

This dance will soon end with my silent submission.

“Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.”

Poem and picture by The Heartless.

P.S: I do need a better camera...these pics sucks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"