Life giver


TO MY MOTHER

I know I’m probably too late,
Always late to be honest
Usually late to see the truth before my face
Because I was the youngest
I never cared about the cruel things I said
But you were there to correct the mess I made
And never failed to give it to me straight.

Mother, you should see the great man you raised 
All the quiet sensibleness I learned to embrace
Mother, you should see the big dreams I chased
All the fortune and lucky strikes I was given by fate
Mother, you should see the good causes I graced
All that fiery anger I can now let rest for a space
Mother, you should’ve drunk the finest wines I taste
And approved a few of the world’s horrible stains I erased.

I’m very sorry…
I often ignored the pain you felt inside,
I was rarely aware of your sacrifice,
And seldom noticed how hard you tried
to unconditionally forgive, and remain by my side.
You knew the best way to guide or punish
You knew how to send away my doleful anguish
You taught me how to bow down in order to vanquish
And how to be strong enough in order to never languish.

Your tender voice soothed my grief
Your warm caresses helped me breathe
You never turned your back on me
You’re the one who suffered to bring me here.
You gave the word love a proper meaning
You’re the one who granted my sharp sight
You’re the one who looked after my feelings
Constantly telling me to avoid strife

You’re the one who painted the art of living
The one who told me to never turn away from the light.

I hoped to leave this world before you
Yet you wished to see me grow and persist
I wanted time to stop for us both
But felicity found the worst way to perish.

I’ll never find someone like you
Unless one day I reach paradise
I’ll never hear, see or touch you
But I knew someday I’d lose your smile.
You ought to know that…
Several times I forgot to kiss you goodbye,
Several times I took my anger on you,
Several times I despised your advice,
Several times I chose to hate you
Yet afterwards I’d regretfully cry
Yet afterwards I’d rather run to your side
And afterwards I’d finally realize: 
One cannot completely slash blood ties 
For there’s no shoreline without a tide. 

Your saintlike image I’ll take to my grave 
My tombstone one day will also have your name
And if we meet again mother,
I promise not to be naughty or even misbehave.





ANOTHER PIECE BY ME...vcda...I KNOW I'M LATE...JUST STOPPED BY TO WISH ALL MOTHERS A WONDERFUL MONTH! AND FOR THOSE WHO LOST THEIR MOTHERS, I HOPE THEY HAVE GOOD MEMORIES TO CHERISH AND REWIND IN THEIR MINDS ALL OVER AGAIN. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"