A drop of blood taste like wine today...

Imaginary lover

I left you because this ravenous love made me blind

I endeavored to move on but I can’t get hold of my own mind

The so called felicity is the unique lost piece I cannot find

So I often think of us, and lament for the promising future we denied

I miss that cozy warmth and yearn for your presence by my side

Since winter has frozen our bed, nest where we used to entwine

I still crave for your charming voice, holy melody I plan to enshrine

Though your body is no longer here, the pictures are left to remind me

That I caught fire with desire when your flaming skin touched mine

That your venomous tongue washed me clean of all my crimes

That desire had no boundaries, while pain and pleasure were undefined

I’m aware of my doom, I’ll never meet again one of your kind

I’m cursed for I let it slip through my fingers

The companion and soul mate of yesterdays

I can’t get rid of the addictive fragrance that still lingers

Vestiges and unsettling memories persist and remain

Sleepless nights have been plotting to drive me insane

Everywhere I go each person I look has your face

Though I have no faith, I pray to encounter a merciful fate

For the stormy steps of despair drove all my stars away

Leaving my sky pale with no course to the moonlight’s pathway

I continuously pine and agonize waiting for some heavenly grace

It’s about time to unchain these feelings and take the blame

There’s a bolt of fire within ready to blow its insidious blazes

Only now I realize you’re the poison rushing through my veins.

I enthusiastically lived hoping to grow old with you

But something went wrong and that wish withdrew

Suddenly you were so far away and the vows became untrue

Our sacred world was the same, yet we had different views

I couldn’t let this berserk passion rule my tiny existence

I wouldn’t ever embrace attachment and abandon prudence

I couldn’t let a selfless devotion take charge without caution

I wouldn’t ever entertain a ride in this rollercoaster of emotions

Now I feel like an inhabited ship swiftly sinking in the ocean

Waving at distant boats in a pathetic slow motion.

The phone rings and I finally remember how to breathe

I wonder if you are wide awake or soundly asleep

So I answer the call striving to swallow my pious weep

Because it’s you I can’t help chewing my quivering lips

While your words stab my ears till they profusely bleed.

You say you’re doing perfectly fine

But I reply I’m not well and my eyes no longer shine

You stay silent for quite a while

As I keep saying that something is not right

That I still need you as my keeper and loyal guide

So you suggest I’m drunk and threaten to cut the line

I retort you’re still my lover, my partner, only mine

Yet you advise me to hang up and go back to my wine

Then I do drop the receiver , but instead of the alcohol,

I chose the sharpest knife.

by VCDA A.K.A The heartless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"