Conflagration, by me, of course (V.C.D.A.)

LET THE OLD DREAM DIE

When we were young the sky was often closer

My hands could reach all the stars and my mind was a rover

Sunshine kept always trying, but the night was my sole lover

Life had no limits, under the sparkling dark I had a cover

Then we grew old enough to find out the clouds just got colder

The thunder is everlasting while fortune threatens to be over

Joy was chased away and my humble hope sunk lower

I aimed to the top, battled to become the best whilst sober

I had the opportunities, though my decisions seemed to hover

I crossed the way of perdition to expire my religion

I learned to let go of addiction even to undress my soul of ammunition

The world couldn’t help turning into a mere absurd fiction

Embittered, I stumbled upon my fate’s eviction

Sorrowed, I embraced the irony of contradictions

Distressed, existence became the source of my greatest affliction

Charmed by emptiness I erased all convictions

Quiet and balanced I discovered the fortress of benediction.

I gave up and ceased to pursue fate’s rendition

It belongs to no human’s jurisdiction.

There’s no death in this lost dimension

Vitality is the form of the heart’s extension

No one is in sin for there’s no unreachable redemption

Immortality is the language we speak without freedom’s exemption

Here lies the land of the liberated, the closest path to elation

A symphony of vibrating notes builds a tension

Resonating among the living that never heard of apprehension

Screams and cries touch a heaven used for ascension

Where angels and demons hold the secret of the soul’s invention

The melody called eternity can be heard with attention

Though a dance of noises releases a gush of lamentation

Silence whispered to me a name

Of a person with no face

Dragged down and held down by a dream of disgrace

A shattered memory that suddenly evolved in a burst of flames

As a newborn Phoenix I became a bird too tough to tame

Soon I flapped wings fairly high to set the dawn ablaze

But sometimes I see myself caught in a maze

Detached from feelings and some lost warmth I cannot place

Life burns in me as a bonfire though my light has faded.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"