for those who will never come back...I miss you so bad Pyohn
























Next of Kin

My brother was my only friend
The one who often spent time with me
And was always a patient ear to lend
Whenever I hurt or needed to voice my wench
He would tell me tales of princes and nobles from France
tell me how elves and saints were all heaven’s sent

My brother was my only friend
He often held my hand while I tried to sleep
When dreams of ghosts would come to haunt me
Even when daddy made me cry and grieve
And the others shut me out and ignored me
He never failed to be there, beside me

My brother was my only friend
When we’d run freely after kites
When the day turned into night
When the fright crawled up my spine
And when I passed out in that alley

My brother was my only friend
When from dozens beatings he made me escape
Protecting me from the venomous pain and senseless rage
Supporting and soothing me and at that tender
difficult age

When love was constantly mistaken by hate
When drugs and alcohol ended up in my plate
When nor friends or family I could face
When I thought that saying sorry was too late
When I believed this world would drive me insane
When I imagined that being alone was my fate
He’d promptly pick me up and carry me away

My brother was still my only friend
Even when I shouted and got angry
When I cut myself or needed money
He’d calm me down through the phone
Say that it was ok and I should come home

My brother is no more my only friend
Earth swallowed him up suddenly
No more advices or complaints
I’ll hear from him contently
All I do now is light up candles
And stare up at the sky where he now stands

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for an inspiration_updates (more about me)

Momentous

"Do you like being food for the immortals? Do you like dying?"